Monday, January 14, 2013

Spring 2013 Semester Begins!

           I am a week into my second semester as a psychology graduate student here at the University of West Georgia.  This semester looks very promising.  I can tell you that things will be very hectic this semester yet very rewarding.  I have started to toss around ideas for research proposal and thesis ideas early on because I am planning on completing the "clinical" track here but also completing a master's thesis as I want to continue my education at the doctoral level.  It is a rather aggressive goal, but I want to accomplish both of these within three years.  Typically it takes two semesters to write a thesis with all research and studies completed; which is why I'm beginning early.  The courses I'm taking this semester seem to be very much in the vein of what I would write a thesis on.  Not to mention that I am enrolled in a Research Methods course which will require a research proposal of its own (perhaps a good pre-thesis assignment).  I will have more detailed updates and entries as time goes along.

Spring 2013 Course Enrollment:

  • Brief and Narrative Therapy
  • Psychology of Suffering
  • Theoretical and Clinical Assessment
  • Research Methods

No comments:

Post a Comment