Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Soundtrack to Your Life

          There is little doubt that music can play a largely influential role in a person's life.  I feel that some of today's more popular music has lost its touch, and by touch I mean its feeling.  Bands today are more like karaoke pop stars than musicians.  There is unmistakable emotion when a band writes and plays their own music and lyrics.  I won't get on a soapbox here, as that is not the purpose of this post.  The purpose is however to lay out a few songs that have stamped my life so to speak.  The kind of songs that you hear on the radio or your ipod and say out loud "oh [explicit] yeah!" and then crank up the volume.
          This may be an enlightening project for anyone to embark on.  If you would like, feel free to post comments pertaining to the playlist of your life.  The only rule is that there is a 1 hour max (or ~15 songs) on the playlist as that is about the capacity if it were to be burned to a standard CD-R.  Disclaimer:  I own nothing!  All credit due to the specified artists.  Enjoy the tunes!
And that's 24 years of life right there.  Enough good tunes for another 24 if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment